Monday, November 17, 2008

I want my chicken nuggets back


It's a sad day y'all. lol. Whole Foods stopped carrying one of our favorite indulgent convenience Items, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free Chicken Nuggets by Wellshire Kids in the shape of dinosaurs that my kids love and are delicious. Sigh. I'll try to get them back. They said several other Moms have asked about them and made requests so...maybe!! You can buy a 10 oz bag online and have it shipped to you for ONLY $36.50 though (as compared to $5-6 in the store) so that's not comforting - cough, cough, wheeze. We've tried Ian's Brand and they taste like sawdust. I guess we'll be making our own.

In other news, some of you may be interested to know that the bells in the tall bell towers at LaQuinta Hotels are not real but fiberglass. Greg and a couple of guys on the film crew he is working on found the answer to this burning question by forming look out teams and taking turns throwing pebbles up at the bell. Greg was proud to report that he was the first one to hit the bell and that it didn't ring but made a dull thud. lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Different Whole Foods carry different items from each other based on what their customers buy. That's how I wound up have so much trouble finding Amaranth flour. If they really are as good as you say, we GF can maybe buy in bulk and split it up. Sometimes it's cheaper that way.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know they sold good at the Cary store because they were always gone and I used to horde them when I found them for that reason. lol. The Man said sometimes they pull things out of regions too, even if they sell well at an individual store, so maybe they didn't sell well at the other stores in the region...

I think you'd like them! (I like them! I always eat their leftovers because they are good and not cheap :)) Would you be interested in going in on some? If you don't like them, I'll buy your part anyway and have a 6 months supply - lol. I'll have to get a space freezer for the garage. hahaha. I bet you'll like them though.

Candie said...

gluten free, egg free, dairy free....doesn't sound very good to me! I buy the white meat dinosaurs from costco. There pretty good!!! :-)

Shalene said...

Fiberglass!!! That put the hugest smile on my face today.

Mim said...

So sad about the chicken nuggets. Convenience food can be a lifesaver sometimes. How would you make egg free dairy free, and gluten free ones at home? I know several homemade recipes that require either egg or milk and bread/crackers (which you can get dairy free I know). Hmm.
Good luck!

Unknown said...

Mim, I'd have to substitute with soy milk and they actually have a vegetable oil spread that acts and tastes pretty close to butter. I sometimes roll chicken in the butter and then in GFree Rice Krispies and the kids like that but takes much longer to cook. So not as convenient or probably quite as tasty. I'll have to experiment!