Saturday, October 30, 2010

Catching up - September Continued

This year instead of an annual September hiking trip, Greg went on a canoe trip. I decided to sit this one out and be a comfortable pregnant lady in my own bed and hold down the fort. He had a great time! The weather, company and scenery were beautiful and they had a bit of excitement too when his canoe tipped over paddling up a rapid and he and Eric had to bail it out. This could have been me. ;)



I did, however, re-paint Meadow's room. She has been wanting a pink room for a long time and I found a Disney stencil pattern online (I think it is called Enchanted Trellis) and printed it on card stock and then stenciled the walls. It took A LOT of measuring and marking before hand to line everything up and a lot of time to stencil but I love how it turned out! Meadow loves it too. :D






















I finally got around to taking a picture of the robot pencil/candy holder that we made Greg for his birthday. The top can holds the pencils and then the head is attached to a lid (I used a non-dairy creamer tub) that unscrews and then you can store candy in the belly. :) The stripes and any color you see is Duct Tape and arms are made from paper towel rolls. It was fun to make and he said it "was the coolest present ever." :)


5 comments:

Gail said...

Awesome room and robot! Don't you guys ever slow down?

Kimberly said...

And that room is why I will never qualify for the coolest mom award. Because I'd never do it.

It looks awesome!

melissa said...

You are so clever! Did you just come up with that robot? That stencil work is really amazing and I can't imagine what kind of patience you would need to do that. Were there tears involved? You are amazing!

Unknown said...

Thanks M! No, I am not that clever --I saw the robot in a magazine and copied! :) The stenciling did take a patience and a lot of time and sweating. lol.

David and Stephanie said...

The stenciling is darling!! Nice work! I like the contrasting pink walls too. I wish I would have thought of that for my girls room.