Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Music to my ears


We have a little book with pictures of babies feeling a certain way, happy, sad, angry, silly, sleepy etc. We read it at bedtime alot. Meadow does a new sweet little thing recently, she tells us when she is happy. I love it.

Last night Meadow would not go to sleep (she usually goes down between 8 and 8:30) around 8:30 I gave up and got her out of her crib. She was still looking pretty alert so I strapped her in the jogging stroller and away we went. After jogging we walked for awhile and she pointed out the moon and we talked about the moon and then she would look up and around when she heard birds singing and we talked about that. We talked about the bumpy dirt we drove over on a construction lot where the sidewalk wasn't finished. Then she started giggling and said "happy" then she giggled some more and said "happy" two more times. I said "Are you happy? I am happy too." We walked until the sun sank under the horizon and the bonus result was a sleeping Meadow. :) The other good news is that since I started jogging two weeks ago I have lost 3 of the 10 extra pounds I have left over from little miss Meadow and I think I just feel better in general, a little more energy...

4 comments:

Karissa said...

As I was reading I could hear her giggling and saying "happy" through a binky.. that is so wonderful!

melissa said...

I can't even stand how sweet that is. And Parker's poem about how much he loves you. Very sweet. I want to eat your children like candy.

Unknown said...

Super cute! why are children so adorable?

Kerri said...

Those moments are priceless!