Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Gong Show



With special guest panel judge Meadow Winters! At 7:20 this evening Meadow started to fall apart so by 7:30 we were on our way upstairs to sing some songs in the rocking chair. On our way up she was calm and there was no protesting as we sat down in the rocker. I started to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle..." when I was interrupted by an emphatic "NO!" so I started a different song "I often go walking in Meadows of... again "NO!" So this is how it went for the next 12 tries. Sometimes I got out just one word and sometimes I got out two sentences before the "No!" It became a challenge and it was hard not to laugh. Finally I got through an entire rendition of "How much is that doggy in the window" and "Baby bumblebee." Yeah!!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you win?

Anonymous said...

ahh, the joys of having a daughter!!!!!

Unknown said...

Maybe I didn't win since it took me about 14 tries! But the goal was to get through an entire song without getting the gong or "NO!"

Kimberly said...

Ha Ha! Wow - it's like a page out of OUR song-time! Wait till she starts saying, "Mommy, don't sing that! Daddy don't sing it, too!" It's really special.

Greg said...

Just imagine what a strong willed and determined adult she'll be!!