Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Someone's been driving in my car?

Last night after family night, Greg was loading the kids in the car as we prepared to go to A&W for a family night rootbeer. My kids loove that. Their rootbeer IS the best. Anyway, he came back inside the house and said "I don't know what is all over your seat but I am not sitting in it."

Perplexed, I went to go investigate. I definitely didn't remember spilling anything (and surely I would have wiped it up if I had because I keep wipes in the car) and the kids haven't been up front that I remember. Sure enough, there were sticky splatters all over my seat, the steering wheel, part of the passenger seat, the armrests, the sides of the seats, and as I looked up, all over the ceiling! "I have no idea what this is either!" I said. "You don't?" Greg asked in surprise. I thought a little harder and looked around the console and underneath and remembered that there had been an unopened can of sprite in between the front seats. I found the empty can and the entire top of the can was hanging on by a 1 centimeter strip of aluminum. It had gotten so hot in the car that it had exploded!!

So NEVER leave a can of soda in your car during the summer in North Carolina. It has been a scorcher of a couple of weeks here!

2 comments:

KQ said...

Oh Snap!

Gail said...

Wow! That's a good one to pass on.
The root beer sounds great!