Greg was in the parking lot at his work today talking to a co-worker when they smelled smoke. They looked across the street and saw flames coming up from the hay that was spread around the building and around these AC units with wires everywhere (I can only assume for growing grass or maybe it was pine straw to keep weeds from growing.) Side note: We know someone whose house caught on fire from hot grease dripping from their grill on the back deck onto pine straw that was spread underneath the deck. Be careful everyone. Maybe mulch is the way to go. Back to the story: So Greg runs over and starts stomping on the flames and yells to his co-worker to go get a fire extinguisher. She does and throws it to him and he puts out the fire. That's my boy. :) Then the fire fighters arrived to check it out and say thank you and he got an honorary fire fighter badge. Just kidding about the badge. That is what happened on Clifford. But it was still exciting to be a volunteer fire fighter for the day. Afterward, everyone in his office said he smelled like beef jerky because of the smoke.
In other news, my brother Shaun is getting married in June. We are having an open house at my house, and you are all invited. More to come later on that. Come eat cake! :) The other exciting thing is that all of the Brady siblings will be there and I get to meet my brother Derek's daughter for the first time. :)