Saturday, October 18, 2008

This week's excitement

Battery died in the van for no apparent reason. My awesome friend and neighbor Aubrey Packham came to the rescue and between the two of us and the trusty Odyssey Owner Manual we managed not to blow anything up :) I know, a simple thing, but still, a proud girl moment. :) Thanks Aubrey!! (P.S. that WAS the anti-theft horn honking because I noticed the anti-theft light was flashing on the dash when I was driving around afterward. hahaha!

Greg's short film "Broken" got accepted into the Asheville Film Festival! He didn't want me to post this because it might not win anything but STILL, finishing it and getting it accepted are things to be proud of if it wins anything or not :) Way to go Love!
To give a very brief description of the film: "Broken is a warm hearted supernatural drama that proves all we need sometimes is a second chance."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a way for us to watch his movie? Is he going to have a screening for it? The last friend I had who made a real movie rented out a small theatre for his screening. Sundance rejected him, but it was still fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my friend Anne who is working on her documentary will be down her in the next few months. I know to many video/movie people.

Unknown said...

Yes! I don't know how Greg feels about a big screening, I'll run it past him :) But he is all for small screenings at the house!

aubreyp said...

That was so fun and crazy! I'm glad that we were able to get the battery going, even though we may not have done it exactly the right way. Oh well.

:)

Unknown said...

would love to see Greg's short sometime. Keeping our fingers crossed for him!

Unknown said...

Lisa, we'll bring a copy down when we come to Asheville. We'll be in Hickory first :)

Rich said...

Congrats Greg!!! That's terrific. Best of luck with it!

We watched The Hudsucker Proxy last night - Coen brothers and Tim Robbins. That was a good movie about second chances too... :)