We decided to do a day trip to the beach this week. We weren't feeling quite right about ending the summer without a beach trip so we loaded up the van and off we went. Here are our favorite tips for a successful day trip.
1. The sooner you can leave the better so pack the night before. Bring beach umbrellas/tent if you have them.
2. The morning of, pack a cooler with lots of snacks and lunch so you don't have to leave the beach if you don't want to.
3. Drive around until you find a public beach access with a outdoor shower.
4. Bring a bar of soap and extra towels to shower off with at the end of the day. Warn the children that the shower water is a little cold (like the ocean) and see how brave they can be. Can shower in swimsuits and wash out the suits as well, or hold up a towel for privacy while de-sanding.
5. Bring a big garbage bag to put all of the sandy clothes, towels etc. in.
6. After you de-sand the children, put them in their pajamas for the ride home. They just might be asleep before you get out of the parking lot. :)