Friday, August 21, 2009

Home Made Laundry Soap

A lady in my ward sent this link out and I thought some of you might want to try it with me. It is much less expensive to make your own soap. If you try it our let me know what you think. I think I need to buy some 5 gallon jugs.

Here is the link: Harris Teeter supposedly carries all of these ingredients.

Also you can make your own hand soap to refill your current dispensers by boiling 3.5 - 4 cups of water, removing from the heat and stirring in the shavings (cheese graters are supposed to work great) of your favorite bar soap until melted. Give it another good stir before you fill the bottles.

8 comments:

Gail said...

I love the way all you young people are getting into the same stuff we old people did years ago. I remember doing this in Relief Society....even making our own homemade shampoo.You go girl! I'm proud of you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Gail! :D

Lisa said...

Heather, this looks soo cool. I did see in someone's comments on the link you referenced about the Biowashball...it's a detergentless ball that works for 3 years!! It looked really cool. Either way, I think I have bought my last bottle of Tide!

Unknown said...

This is brilliant! I really need to try this. Would anyone like to get together and give it a try?

Unknown said...

Erika, we could have a soap making party and watch the movie you were talking about! lol. I'm up for it. We could do it at my house...It may be a couple of weeks though. Greg goes out of town soon for about a week and 3 days...should I make an e-vite?

The Wimpy Mother said...

I'm down with the soap making party (yes, I just invited myself) I'd make it myself, but I don't know where to get ahold of a 5-gallon jug.

Unknown said...

lol! I love it Robin. Of COURSE you are invited. Yeah, I dunno where to find the jugs yet either. I'll keep you posted! :D

The Wimpy Mother said...

What am I thinking? we don't need all that water- if we use less water it will be "3X concentrated"!!!