Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Putting my foot down

The Dishwasher. I won't bore you with the details. I will just say we got a new one almost a month ago (after our old one broke) and it is sitting in my kitchen still not working, re-checks of installation, repair men, ordering parts, Thanksgiving, blah blah blah. Well today I reached my limit. I called the manager at Lowes where we bought it from and said "I think we have been more than patient, I would like for someone to come get the piece of crap that is sitting in my kitchen and bring me a new one." (He started laughing when I said the piece of crap which made me laugh also). The good news is he said that I was right, it was unacceptable and that they had 2 of them in the store and they would come switch it out. Sigh. That felt good.

5 comments:

Rich said...

hahaha...

GOOD FOR YOU!

Heather McKeon said...

Finally! You always have to have a little bit of the Beast with the nice. Also I love that we chose the same Christmas background. Siamese Twins (joined at the purse string) Hi-ya ping!

KQ said...

Oohh you sound so tough! That guy was probably only laughing, because he was really about to cry. HaHa!

Yeah the guy at church said, "Hell, that won't work." HAHA!! I'm sure some people were offended, but we kept giggling. He is the High Priest Group Leader too. Oh man...I love the people in our church!

Mim said...

You Go Girl! Way to get stuff done. Sometimes nice just doesn't cut it.

Courtney said...

Hooray! I like that you pulled the "crap" card on that. You'll soon be dishwashing with the best of them!